Money and finances play an important role for many victims when considering whether to leave an abusive relationship. In fact, financial factors are the strongest predictors in a survivor's decision to stay, leave, or return to an abusive relationship. The devastation of leaving behind a home, income, benefits and economic security are challenges that all survivors of domestic violence must overcome, regardless of their education, job skills and personal earning potential. Many survivors of domestic violence have limited or no access to money or have had their financial security destroyed by their abuser.
Moving Ahead Financial Empowerment Grant Program
The Moving Ahead Financial Empowerment Grant Program awards funding to state domestic violence coalitions working in partnership with local community service providers to develop or enhance projects that help survivors overcome economic challenges and achieve financial independence.
The Allstate Foundation's grant program focuses on helping survivors through:
- Financial education using The Allstate Foundation's Moving Ahead Through Financial Management Curriculum
- Matched saving programs including individual development accounts
- Job readiness and job training
- Microloans and microenterprise
The Allstate Foundation Regional Domestic Violence Grants
The Allstate Foundation Regional Domestic Violence Grants provide local funding and resources. Each of the company's fourteen regions uses a competitive grant process to increase availability of and access to financial empowerment services for domestic violence services.
This program provides an opportunity for national, statewide and local domestic violence organizations to apply for funds in the following areas:
- Financial education through the use of the Moving Ahead Through Financial Management as the primary resource or in combination with other financial education resources;
- Matched savings programs including but not limited to Individual Development Accounts;
- Job readiness and job training, and;
We are not accepting unsolicited Regional Grant applications for 2013.
Learn more about our Moving Ahead Grant Programs.